The unbroken circle - a representation of eternity!
• The custom of giving and receiving finger rings dates back over 6000 years
• The tradition of wearing engagement rings and wedding bands on the fourth finger of the left hand can be traced to the Egyptians who believed the vena amoris (vein of love) ran directly from the heart to the top of this finger
• The custom of men wearing wedding rings wasn't common until World World II when men fighting overseas wore rings as reminders of their wives and families at home
• The first documented evidence of engagement rings comes from 15th century. The Archduke Maximilian of Austria offered Mary of Burgundy a gold diamond ring to show his love and commitment.
• You might have thought... Valentine's day, right? Well, you're close. Interestingly December is the most popular month for engagements. With the whole magical atmosphere that builds up around Christmas and New Year's Eve, it makes sense !
• 52% of brides say they would wear a coloured stone in their engagement ring like Halle Berry or Jessica Simpson
• 61% of guys consult with their girlfriend before buying the ring.